Monday, May 6, 2013

2-Year Anniversary

It's been two years since the t-bird came home.  I need to take a moment and settle into that reality.

The time has gone very quickly as I worked on the car with my son.  The time has gone painfully slowly as I cared for my dying parents. 

The car isn't "done", but it is an enjoyable touring car that has been in a parade, a car show, and several cruise nights.  I look forward to enjoying it for a long time, and passing it on as a memento for my boys.

My parents are gone, but I am still managing the estate and the grief.  I know this will pass, but it's not clear what legacy they have left in my soul.

I do really enjoy the car.  It reminds me of an adolescent hope that I had forgotten!  I particularly enjoy driving it at night, basking in the glow of the instruments, and remembering how I longed for that freedom.... a freedom I now find myself experiencing in new ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your comments, and will read each one before it appears on my blog. Thank you for your wisdom and encouragement!