Monday, June 3, 2013

Transitions

Haven't written much lately. In the last month, I have attended two memorial services for Dad, and one for Uncle Toronado. Yesterday I took a short boat trip with my sister to lay Dad's remains to rest.

This month I'll be traveling a lot for business, and I don't expect to write much... even though I am writing this from a hotel room. On the advice of my therapist, I have been reading Transitions by William Bridges. I believe that I am on the threshold of a major life transition, spurred not just by Dad's death and my shifting role as a son and caregiver, but also because I'm anticipating taking early retirement from my employer this year. These things are causing me to re-examine my own identity, and to question what I really want to do with the rest of my life. I'm beginning to think that I need to take some time off, and go into the mountains for a while to think about this... A kind of personal retreat for a week or so.

I was able to drive my Cousin to Dad's memorial on Saturday in the t-bird. He owned the car for 10 years (unrestored), and sold it to me two years ago last April. We had the top down, and had a good conversation during the ride.

I haven't done much to the car in the last month. I did take the exhaust use manifolds off and get them thermal coated. This should significantly lower under hood temperatures. I also took the car to a good muffler guy, and had him align the exhaust pipes, including installing new hangers. The stock hangers didn't prevent the pipes from grounding on the frame and the shocks. The exhaust no longer rattles, and the car sounds great!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your comments, and will read each one before it appears on my blog. Thank you for your wisdom and encouragement!