Sunday, June 8, 2014

A More Peaceful Existence


Muffler Guy replaced the passenger side muffler on Friday.  As you can see, the hole in the top of the failed muffler is pretty dramatic!  No wonder the exhaust noise was so loud!  The rest of the muffler looks fine, and the driver side looks fine, too... no external signs of overheating.  The cause of this failure is still a mystery... it is a solid, well-made muffler with double-wall construction.  The replacement muffler (Walker 17867) is almost identical... the manufacturer of the muffler that failed was recently purchased by another company, and this model is no longer available.

Friday evening, #1 Son and I drove Nell to Cruise Night.  It was a very pleasant (and quiet) ride, and a good bonding experience.  The turnout was much heavier than earlier in the season, and there were quite a few new cars there to look at.  Nell seemed right at home, and got plenty of attention.
There are still a few minor things that I would like to do to the car... some minor wiring updates, installing the 4-way flashers, a better solution for the exhaust tips, maybe fabricate a new seat mount to gain another inch or two of leg room.  None of these things are urgent.  I'd like a nicer set of hubcaps, but that's not really important either.

What is important to me right now is just to remember how gracious God has been to me, and to let that gratitude flow out of me to the people I care about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your comments, and will read each one before it appears on my blog. Thank you for your wisdom and encouragement!