Saturday, February 25, 2012

One more thing finished...

Ok, I've been buying a lot of stuff for the car, but until today I haven't really "finished" much.  The motor is pretty close, but I need more constant encouragement.  This afternoon, my Wife and I put the steering column back together, using several reproduction parts.  It is now ready to go back into the car.
As a reminder, here's what it looked like when I pulled it out of the car.
The adjustment sleeve is still original, with plenty of pits in the chrome to remind me of "the reality" of my journey.

I visited the car in the shop today.  Paint guy says he will be painting the top and the engine compartment over the next two weeks.  Uncle Packard has made room in his restoration garage for me to work on the car and install the engine.

As much as I would like to finish the car all at once, I know that's not possible.  My boss gave me an excellent bonus this year, and I sold some stock, so I think I have nearly enough funds to finish the car.  That said, my responsibilities at work are ramping up, and I may not have much time to actually get the work done.

Still, it feels good to get one more thing finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your comments, and will read each one before it appears on my blog. Thank you for your wisdom and encouragement!