Friday, August 24, 2012

Countdown to Paint...

I visited my little bird at the paint shop today.   The guys in the shop were busy sanding out the primer, and clear progress is being made...

That's a '56 t-bird in the background (with portholes).  It's been in Body Guy's shop for years.
Door frames are primed and sanded.  The doors are almost ready to paint.
 One of the fender skirts cleaned up nicely, but the other was sporting a thick layer of bondo covering a few holes and wrinkles.  Unlike my friend restoring his '57 T-bird, I am definitely not a sheet metal worker.  I'm perfectly happy letting Body Guy and his crew sort this out.

 I had a nice chat with Paint Guy at the shop.  He reassured me of his goal to have the car ready a week from today!   I know that the paint will go on quickly once the paint is done, so it is possible that Paint Guy will meets this goal.  I hope so.  I'm able to take some time off during Labor Day week, and it would be great if my Son and I get this car roadworthy!  I also checked with tire guy, and he should be able to install the wide whitewalls and get the car aligned that week.

This is very exciting!  I'm trying to bound my enthusiasm, not get too ahead of myself, and simply give it to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your comments, and will read each one before it appears on my blog. Thank you for your wisdom and encouragement!