Thursday, May 1, 2014

Polishing up the little things

I was admiring Nell at a local cruise night last week when realized that the metal on the windshield wipers wasn't as shiny as most of the other cars. My dull silver wiper assemblies were detracting from the spiffy look of the car. Almost immediately, I started lusting for some new chrome plated wipers.
In a moment of clarity yesterday I thought to ask myself "what are those wiper assemblies made of, anyway? They are probably made of stainless steel. Hey, I know how to polish stainless!"
30 minutes later, I was looking at a shiny wiper assembly...






Car restoration isn't always about spending money... sometimes, it's just about thinking things through logically, and making the best of what we already have. It occurs to me that much of life is like that.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your comments, and will read each one before it appears on my blog. Thank you for your wisdom and encouragement!